Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Birthday

Happy Brithday!

Sheryl Soon, 28 August 1992


Her initials, SS says it all. She is the epitome of "Syok Sendiri". There was one time, during Chemistry class, I was sitting next to her and fiddling with my plastic ruler. All of a sudden, that plastic thing just came straight for my face at full force like a rubber band and right after that, you could hear a burst of laughter. It was Sheryl. I still think it was mean but she thinks otherwise, funny! She also gets really excited about the tortoises that sunbathe in Asia Cafe. Now you see how she "syok sendiri'?

Elizabeth Lee, 29 August 1991

How did I meet her? Well, for this, I have to owe it to my pink JCalli umbrella. It was sports day in year 2004, the sun was burning us alive and just so happened, I had my umbrella with me. So, there we were, two girls under a pink umbrella, not knowing that they would be the best of friends years from then.



It sounds like an epic Korean drama but the only problem is, it was Elizabeth. Have you seen this girl do the 100m dash before? If you have, you would never have thought that she would be playing dodge ball for her college every Wednesday. Random fact about her, she had a celebrity crush on Liam Aiken back in form 2 and she shares the same birthday as the late Michael Jackson.



Liam Aiken. I actually did a collage of his pictures for her.

We also dreamt that one day we would own a fashion line. Brace yourself... We were going to name it Fabulous! An awesome friend would be an understatement.

Doris Phuah, 30 August 1991

We became really close friends in Form 2. A year after that, we attended a friend's small birthday celebration. Little did I knew that we were going to a club/pub/social club after that. I told my parents that I went to a "mamak" stall to eat tosai instead. Weirdly, they bought it. It must have been my good daughter reputation. It was a one time thing and I honestly felt like a fish out of water, literally. However, she was having so much fun and was giggling in the background when I called my parents. That was one of the many memorable moments with her. She is also afraid of cats and I named the white fluffy cat in the canteen after her but with a B, Boris!


Alethea Nair, 31 August 1991


Alethea is the totally opposite of me. I like purple, she likes black. I like shopping, she likes sitting on the bench while waiting for the shopper. However, there is one thing we both agree on, that is, Leonardo diCaprio was hot in Titanic. She looks tough on the outside but deep down somewhere, I know that she is a softie. One day, she came over to my house to bake cupcakes and to watch Titanic. I forewarned her that I will be crying during the movie. Then, came this really sad part where everyone was dying. I looked at her and she was lifting her glasses, wiping her watery eyes with a tissue paper, crying probably more than me. Immediately, I started laughing. Who would have thought that she would be crying? Her favourite quote from the movie: Where to madam? To the stars. She also thinks that I am way too girly for her.

Till the next post, XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment